Friday, March 11, 2011

sample day!

©2011, Monika Roe

A treasure box arrived on my doorstep from Simon & Schuster! In it were samples of books from two different series that I did illos for.

First there's "Freestyle with Avery" and "Maeve on the Red Carpet" from the Beacon Street Girls series. This series follows the trials and triumphs of 5 best friends and their trusty dog. I illustrated the covers of over 20 books in this series!

Next is "My Self" by Marlene Wallach, president and owner of Wilhemina Kids and Teens modeling agency. This is one of a 4 part series she wrote that focuses on encouraging self confidence and giving tips to young girls about how to express and embrace their uniqueness. I did spot illustrations for the interiors of these books.

I'm so proud to have been involved with these projects because both of these series have such positive messages for girls. Embrace who you are and be happy! I think even us big girls need to be reminded of this every now and then! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment