Friday, January 14, 2011

whoa, pomelo!

©2011, Monika Roe



























Last weekend I stopped by the big fruit and vegetable stand in Moss Landing (that's just south of Santa Cruz). What caught my eye that day were the many crates overflowing with gigantic electric green pomelos. I didn't know what they were but I picked up a few to try. I'm so glad I did because WOW they are delicious! A pomelo is a kind of grapefruit from Southeast Asia that has a very thick spongy white rind around it. The ones I bought were so much better than ordinary grapefruit, they were really sweet and the sections were huge. I like my citrus supremed and the membrane on these just fell away from the fruit. Very yummy!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...i MUST try! you've made it look so sparkling delicious in your illo! and a bowl of them in the PINK bathroom will be lovely! hA!

    ReplyDelete