Thursday, November 15, 2012

small treasures show


This is the painting I did for the Paso Robles Art Association's Small Treasures show and fundraiser. It sold at the preview party last night!

When I paint it's quite the opposite of my illustration work which is clean and neat. I start out using brushes to put in the large areas of color and then I switch to a palette knife to add shading, texture and color details.

This particular painting is of the stray cat that decided to adopt me a few years ago. Another artist said she looks mad, I told him that's the look she gives me when she doesn't want to go back outside! Not mad, just trying to control my mind. :) 

1 comment:

  1. she has plenty of feisty personality! love her markings and your interpretation of them...beautiful painting! is there no end to the many ways you create?!

    ReplyDelete